'' . . . a click into my life . . . ''

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Law of Reciprocity

The Law of Reciprocity is better known as the Golden Rule: 'Treat everyone as you like to be treated.'However, as others have their own values and preferences, it is better expressed as, 'Treat everyone as they would like to be treated.' Most people like to feel accepted, approved of, respected, listened to and appreciated.

The Law of Reciprocity reminds us that we get back what we give out. Thoughts create effects which rebound, and so do words and actions. If you want more friends, be friendlier, if more love, be more loving; if more happiness, help others to be happy. Ask not, 'What do I want this person to do for me,' but, 'How can I help? What can I do for them? Everytime you meet another's needs, you meet needs of your own and feel better about yourself.

Peace out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment