'' . . . a click into my life . . . ''

Friday, January 15, 2010

Giving and Recieving

The law of giving and recieving leads to prosperity. Yes, it happens all the time in my life. Especially when it comes to relationship between dogs and my family. One example, I remembered, I brought home a puppy named, Lucky. I, a 9 year old kid, couldnt affort a place for him to stay but a meat bun as daily meal. He lived behide my grandma's house, a narrow shaded place. I knew he could easily get wet by the heavy rain, but my stubborn grandma refused to let him stay inside. Sigh~ Still, Im greatful, Lucky didnt run away. We had fun together most of the time..., showering in the rain, having a little adventure in the palm field, swimming in the lake, chasing each other, sharing meat buns... He was there for me, brighthened my lonely childhood. I recieced happiness from him, although, I had nothing to give but a little meat bun. Until now, my family and I still share the unfinished food to wild dogs.

When we give, at first we appear to have less than before, but this is wrong. Giving is a cause, it sets up a chain of events which lead to the giver recieving something in return, but this doesnt necessarily happen immediately, from the same person or in the same form. Be careful though, if you give only to get, with a conciousness of selfishness and greed, all you will get back from others is their selfishness and greed. Recieving is equally as important as giving, and is nothing to feel guilty about. If you dont allow others to give to you, you are denying them an opportunity to contribute to the flow of prosperity. However, this doesnt mean grabbing everything you can. Sometimes its right to say no and let others recieve. Consider each case on its merits and be guided by your own will.

“If you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime”.


Ricky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment